我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年2月16日星期四

Athens Cat Street Murder(f still in shock)

 


f

still in shock

 

        Don Jerry didn't make it to Athens in time because of an unfortunate hijacking on his flight. Naturally, I was a little disappointed, and this murder happened again in the hotel, which made me even more frustrated. The beautiful service lady Lena once provided me with a lot of introduction materials about this city. From the habit of a writer, I always like to collect various information materials that I think are of reference significance. In order to really feel the Olympic love of this city, I must pay more attention to collecting information about the connection between the Olympics and this city. Lina satisfied my desire, and she brought me a large stack of picture albums. But after this murder happened, I was no longer in the mood to read these materials.

        The temperature in Greece is very frightening, reaching a high temperature of 40°C, and sometimes jumping up to 42°C. I had to hide in my room and rely on the air conditioner to resist the torment of the hot weather. With the help of the air conditioner, and in order to drive away the fear in my heart, I finally forced myself to read those materials about Athens. I gradually walked into the sacred Olympia. When it comes to the Olympic Games, one cannot fail to mention the ancient Olympic Games, and when it comes to the ancient Olympic Games, we will naturally think of her birthplace - the sacred Olympia.

         Olympia is located in the west of the Peloponnese Peninsula, on the north bank of the Alfios River (16 kilometers from the mouth of the river). Beginning in the 18th century, batches of scholars have come here one after another to investigate and search for the remains of the ancient Olympic games. In 1766, Chandler, an Englishman, discovered the ruins of the Temple of Mows for the first time. Since then, after a large number of German, French, and British archaeologists and historians systematically and large-scale surveyed and excavated the Ilympia site, a large number of precious cultural relics and historical materials about the ancient Olympic Games were obtained in 1881. In 1936, after the 11th Olympic Games, the International Olympic Committee decided to use the funds to continue excavating the Olympia ruins, discovering and restoring the stadium.

        When Lina accompanied me to visit the Parthenon and Erechtheon, she also told me a legend about the Persian king attacking Greece. It is said that the army led by King Xerxes of Persia once swept across the northern part of Greece and came to the only passage to the south, before the Pass of Thermopylae. To his great surprise, there were only a few thousand Greek soldiers guarding the pass. "Could the Greeks have another ambush?" Xerxes, king of Persia, didn't realize it until the person sent to scout came back to report to him. It turned out that it was the time for the Olympic Games to be held in Greece. In Greece, however, the Olympics were a major event above all else, and fighting was forbidden during the games, even when foreign enemies invaded.

         Whenever Lina told me the story of Athens, I always felt curious and excited. However, now I don't dare to move easily in this city, and I don't even have the courage to walk out of the door of the room. Scarlett's death tortured me all night.

         I can't explain why, but I couldn't get over the fear that Scarlett's death had caused me. I can no longer immerse myself in these materials about Athens. News is being broadcast on TV programs: 5 churches in the Iraqi capital Baghdad and the northern city of Mosul were successively attacked by car bombs. At least 18 people were killed and nearly 100 were injured in the attacks. TV also reported that a suicide car bomb attack occurred outside a police station in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, killing 5 people and injuring more than 50. Many of them were seriously injured. The death toll may increase further. The news also said that a group of US soldiers was attacked by a roadside bomb while patrolling the city of Samarra, about 120 kilometers north of Baghdad, killing one US soldier and injuring two; A roadside bomb exploded, killing 2 Iraqis and injuring 2... After watching these TV reports, I could only smoke desperately, and the thick smoke filled the whole room. Once again, I fell into fear, the world is no longer so beautiful, and peace seems to be far away from us.

         I have only one thought now: Tang Jerry, when will you arrive at my side?

The sky gradually turned white. The fiery sun began to shine directly on everything, making the entire temple of Athens glow white. Perhaps it was the reflection of the stone pillars and steps of these temples, and the dull air was as hot as a boiler. The unoccupied chairs outside the window crackled in the heat. There are no shadows that can escape the heat of the sun.

         Don Jerry is finally here at the cool office in Athens!

         When he pressed the doorbell of my guest room vigorously, I didn't dare to open the door. I held a wine bottle tightly in my heart, and stuck my body behind the door until the sound of his footsteps disappeared, and I was still in shock.

        After about a while, I heard Lina's call, and I let go of my hanging heart. After I opened the door, I saw Tang Jerry. You can imagine how excited I am!

         Tang Jerry laughed wildly when he saw me: "Ah, ah, my Mr. Hualu, I didn't expect you to be so afraid of death!"

         I'm embarrassed, but that doesn't matter anymore. Obviously, Don Jerry already knew about Scarlett's murder, which is also good, so I won't have to repeat this creepy story.

 

Chapter Three Flying Misfortune

1 条评论:

  1. A bizarre case happened unexpectedly in Athens, Greece: this is a headless murder case that makes people tremble till now...

    回复删除