我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年2月15日星期三

Athens Cat Street Murder(A Don Jerry is in trouble)

 


Chapter 1 Headless Female Corpse

 

A

 

Don Jerry is in trouble

 

     This is a headless murder case that still makes my heart tremble.

     The murder occurred in the summer of August 2004, which is a special season for Athens. The world-renowned Olympic Games will be held in this magical land. Being able to observe the Athens Olympics is like enjoying a feast of sports, scenery, history and culture for me. I remember that when I was a child, I was moved by Greek mythology and Aesop's fables. Greece is a country full of mythology. The fantastic Greek mythology always makes people imagine. It is a kind of happiness and glory for many people that I can come to this country with profound cultural heritage, but I did not expect that this trip to Athens brought me fear and uneasiness.

My friend Don Jerry works in a detective company in Portland, USA. He called me many times, hoping to meet me in Athens. We have broken up for more than 10 years. He said that he would attend an international academic conference on forensic entomology in Athens, and he also very generously promised that all the expenses of my trip to Athens would be borne by him. This is truly a slice of pizza dropped from the sky. I started traveling around to go to Athens. When the people in the travel agency heard that I was going to Athens, they took special care of me from top to bottom, and their enthusiasm was beyond words. In the eyes of all Chinese sports fans, 2004 is really exciting, with the European Cup, Asian Cup, World Cup qualifiers, and the much-anticipated Athens Olympics. It can be said that it is the greatest wish of sports fans to visit the Olympic site in Athens and feel the charm of sports. Of course, the tourism market will not give up this good card. It is said that during the World Cup in Japan and South Korea in 2002, this Chinese travel agency successfully organized a cheerleading team of nearly 50 people. The manager of the travel agency told me that two years ago, a successful case of grafting sports events and overseas sightseeing, which set off a peak of outbound tourism, has made him very happy. At that time, nearly 200 people were organized to watch the World Cup in Japan and South Korea. But this time was very strange. The manager of the travel agency complained to me. To everyone's surprise, the market gave Athens Olympic tourists a cold face. It turned out that the 9-day itinerary for the Athens Olympics observation group organized by the travel agency, including 2 days of domestic round-trip and 7 days abroad, cost a total of about 18,000 yuan. Not many Chinese can afford it. The China 2004 Athens Olympic Tickets and Organization Reception Center revealed that the current public sale tickets are sold together with tourist routes, and the price is between 18,000 and 23,000 yuan. The cost of nearly 20,000 yuan is enough for multiple outbound trips in Southeast Asia. I also heard that during the Olympics, the price of local accommodation in Greece skyrocketed. A three-star hotel with good conditions usually only costs 70 euros a night, but it will rise to 200-300 euros a night during the Olympics. Fortunately, all these expenses were paid by my friend Tang Jerry.

There was only one thing that gave me a headache, and that was getting a visa. For security and to prevent illegal immigration, the processing time for applying for a Greek tourist visa is actually longer than usual. When I went through the formalities, I needed to provide a series of cumbersome documents, including personal credit certificates, deposit certificates of no less than 50,000 yuan, etc. Many people gave up the idea of going to Athens because of this. After I got my visa and got on the plane, I also ran into trouble. There is no direct flight between Greece and China, and you need to transit through Turkey and other countries, and you need to apply for a third-country visa. I calculated, this trip to Greece, I only spent more than a month in the visa time of the two countries.

By the time I arrived in Athens, I was exhausted and my body was starting to burn out. I stayed at the HELLO Hotel on Cat Street in Athens that Tang Jerry booked for me. This is a three-star hotel with an elegant environment and far away from the city. The first thing I'm going to do is call Don Jerry. To my disappointment, I failed to answer his call, but the hotel service lady Lena brought me bad news: Don Jerry's flight was rumored to have run into a suspected hijacker. She also showed me a newspaper of the day that the plane was stranded in Turkey. I was so angry that I cursed: This world is in chaos! Don Jerry was in trouble, and I was distraught and overwhelmed. This was the first annoyance I encountered when I first arrived in Athens.

1 条评论:

  1. 希腊雅典意外地發生了一件离奇的案件:这是一起令人至今心颤的无头血案……
    A bizarre case happened unexpectedly in Athens, Greece: this is a headless murder case that makes people tremble till now...

    回复删除