我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年2月16日星期四

Athens Cat Street Murder(D. I was questioned by the Athens police)

 




Chapter 2 Night of Fright

 

D.

 

I was questioned by the Athens police

 

Lena and I walked back to the hotel. It takes about half an hour to walk from the temple to the hotel. I barely spoke to her along the way. The murderous case of the headless female corpse in the hotel made me and her feel particularly heavy.

After I got back to the hotel, before I regained my senses, Lina changed her suppressed expression: "Mr. Hualu, please go this way." She gave me a quick look, and I saw several A tall Greek man was walking towards me.

The Greek came up to me and politely showed me his ID: "Excuse me, are you Mr. Hualu? We are the Athens police and would like to know something from you."

I was at a loss in panic. Those Athenians had actually surrounded me. I subconsciously felt that they were worried about my escape. I also clearly felt that the police officer with his right hand in his trouser pocket was holding a loaded pistol in his hand.

Lena leads the way. I followed behind with the Greek police, they almost surrounded me. Lina opened the door to my room, then closed the door gently, and left without a sound.

"I'm Police Officer Field. Mr. Hua Lu, are you from China?" A rough Greek man lowered his voice as much as possible to ask me.

I showed them my passport. A police officer started calling, and it was clear to me that he was verifying my papers.

I started to calm my emotions, and I took out a cigarette: "This is Zhonghua cigarettes, the best cigarettes in China." I smoked at them, but no one answered them. Officer Field nodded to me: "Thank you. We are on official business and cannot smoke your cigarettes. I am very sorry. You can do it yourself."

I sat on the couch and a couple of officers started checking my room. Officer Field picked up the ashtray on the table and turned it in his hands, as if trying to find something out of the ashtray. There were only three cigarette butts in the ashtray, all of which were Chinese cigarettes I had smoked. He slowly put down the ashtray and turned around, staring at my face with very serious eyes: "You came to Athens alone? What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing? What am I here for? To watch the Olympics, of course." I found Officer Field's question very abrupt.

"What are you doing in China?" Officer Field turned to another topic. I told him I was a writer. He actually asked me how much I earn a year? How much did you spend on your trip to Greece? Also asked if I was married? How old is the child? What are the annual expenses? I am very annoyed. I think of those foreigners I saw in movies and TV. When they encounter this situation, they always say, I don’t have time to accept your investigation. If you want to know anything, you can talk to my lawyer. But, I can't, I have never had a private lawyer, and like all Chinese, it is impossible for me to have my own private lawyer. I don't know Greek law either. So I can only accept their cross-examination in humiliation.

The one-hour cross-examination was over. They made me sign a piece of paper.

Inspector Field finally smiled at me, unnaturally, but without looking malicious. He said to me: "I'm sorry to bother you. There is nothing we can do. When you and Miss Lena went to visit the temple, Scarlett, who lived in the room next to yours, died. It was probably a murder. In order to fulfill the We have to trouble you for official business. This is my business card, please contact me if you need anything."

1 条评论:

  1. A bizarre case happened unexpectedly in Athens, Greece: this is a headless murder case that makes people tremble till now...

    回复删除