我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2020年6月29日星期一

Liberate Yourself Chapter 39


 

1

 

When I was in elementary school, my mother suffered from epilepsy. At that time, my parents were divorced and my family was poor, so I had no money for treatment. My uncle and aunt are my mother's elder brother and younger sister. They took the initiative to fund and suggested that my mother go to the hospital for treatment. As a result, I took on the special task of accompanying my mother to the hospital regularly.

My mother's condition is gradually getting better, so you don't have to go to the hospital, but you need to go to the nearby "Penglai pharmacy" to buy medicine.

I live on Chengdu South Road and meet Huaihai Middle Road in a T shape. There is a "Penglai pharmacy" on the corner of Huaihai Road. To be precise, its house number is Huaihai Road. I have purchased everything from Anaijin (fever tablet) to Tetracycline Oxytetracycline SMG (all antibiotics).

However, there were no prescription drugs at the time, and the salesperson was a doctor. He tells you what medicine and price you should take. On a special paper bag as big as a business card, write down the name of the medicine and how to take it, three times a day. It was later heard that many offspring after the age of sixty ate "tetracycline oxytetracycline" in childhood, and when the milk teeth disappeared, the permanent teeth grew like wood chips.

Penglai Pharmacy was renamed "Red Guard Pharmacy" in the 1970s. Later, the pharmacy was changed to an old factory, and then the old factory was changed to a restaurant. This is also an entrance, but it is the subversion of food to medicine. This subversion is also effective. I believe many people have forgotten that there is a "Chaoyang Dim Sum" beside Huaihai Road on the east side of Penglai Pharmacy. It is very slender, and the outer wall of a single room can always penetrate the hearts of the people. It can also be counted as a "special offer" at Huaihai Cinema.

In addition to her mother suffering from epilepsy, she often reached out to tell me and my siblings and neighbors: "Only after I have this little red guy in my stomach, my nails become onychomycosis. It looks like So." "Little Red Guy" is a local dialect in Shanghai, scolding the bad boy.

Whenever my mother complained to me, I would leave with my mouth out. At this time, she will na back again: "You can hang the oil bottle on your mouth."

 

2

 

Because I went to the "Penglai pharmacy" many times to buy medicine for my mother, and a salesperson at the "Penglai pharmacy" gradually knew me. She knew that my parents were divorced, and she also knew that my father was labeled as a "rightist", and our siblings lived with their mother.

The female salesperson is several years older than my mother, about 40 years old. In 1957, her husband's father responded to the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China's call for "a hundred flowers blooming and a hundred schools of thought contend". With the encouragement of his old friends, he often published some articles on the newspapers and magazines in a press. He doesn't stop smoking every day, he doesn't stop writing. Unexpectedly, the situation changed suddenly, hundreds of thousands of people became the right. In 1958, he was added to the ranks of the right. He was expelled from the Communist Party of China, and the rank of administrative cadres was pushed to the end, and he was assigned to rural labor reform.

The saleswoman's surname is Cai. Everyone calls her Aunt Cai, and some people call her Dr. Cai. Aunt Cai's son Xiao Cai is several years older than me.

Xiao Cai told me that in the anti-right movement, various departments have certain right-wing quota requirements. If it is not enough, some people will be ordered to supplement the quota. His father was appointed by an old fellow of the Left League and was added to the right team.

Xiao Cai's words made me understand. My father was also a hapless guy who was added to the right team. The difference is that my mother chose to divorce in order to draw a line with the husband of the rightist.

Xiao Cai said that some people had persuaded his mother and father to divorce, so as to preserve the mother's political future. His mother did not listen and was resolutely not divorced, so his mother was severely warned and punished by the party because she could not draw a line with the husband of the rightist. The administrative level was cancelled and she lost her job. Finally, he asked a friend to help him and became a salesperson in the "Penglai pharmacy". In fact, she used to be a doctor.

The difference is that my mother chose to divorce in order to draw a line with the husband of the rightist.

"Why doesn't your mother want to divorce?" I asked Xiao Cai.

Xiao Cai said, I asked her why she didn't divorce her father. She always smiled and said slowly, I'm afraid I won't be able to educate you so many children.

Xiao Cai’s father became a rightist, and the phone and the car installed in the house were removed. For this reason, the Xiao Cai family has been living in Xiafei Alley, Chengdu South Road. This is an old style lane built in 1912. Xiafei Lane was later called Huaihai Lane, and there were still lintels at the time. Xiafei Alley, why is it called "Alley"? This is not like the name of the Shanghai people alley. It has 8 three-story buildings, and the alley has always been quite wide. Like the three-story building in Renshou Xincun, which is diagonally opposite, it is an old house with gas and toilets that is rare in Chengdu South Road. This is the "style house" in the concept of Shanghainese. Nowadays, people are talking about old houses, thinking that small buildings are houses. In fact, there are more ordinary bungalows that are not small buildings. Usually, they are Western-style and even have fireplaces. The core value is the toilet and even the bathtub. The difficulty of the toilet is that the community needs to have a matching septic tank. All Chinese-style buildings like Shikumen and the old-style Lane have no pumping poke.

The flush toilet is a product of Western civilization. The building with flush toilets in Shanghai is called a western-style house. Until the 1970s and 1980s, there were few toilets in the center of Shanghai. There are pump horses in Xiafei Alley. Although they are houses, unfortunately, they are not in a bungalow area, but are surrounded by a large stone warehouse door and old houses.

During his labor reform in the countryside, Xiao Cai's father put on a hat from the right, so there were few people coming from his original home in the city. Only colleagues whose mother has worked in the hospital before will visit her.

 

3

 

My mother has onychomycosis, which is a common disease. One manifestation is white armor, often starting from the root of the nail, small white spots appear on the deck surface, which gradually expands, causing the deck to become soft and sag. Another type of damage begins with the free edge and side walls of the nail, causing small depressions or nail grooves on the deck, and gradually develops until the deck becomes brittle, fragile, thickened, and brown inside. The accumulation of debris under the nails often makes the nails empty, lifted off and separated from the nail bed, the deck surface is uneven, rough and dull.

Every summer is the season for liberating feet. Holding the feet in the shoes for half a year, they can finally put on refreshing sandals and show them outside. However, because her mother had onychomycosis, her toenails were gray and shrunken and thickened and burst, so she did not dare to show it to others.

However, my mother always said that her onychomycosis only appeared after giving birth to me, so she always blamed my birth.

To understand my sins, I asked Aunt Cai who was a doctor.

Aunt Cai told me:

Onychomycosis, Chinese medicine called "goose claw wind", scientific name "Onychomycosis", is actually a kind of onychomycosis, it is caused by a large number of fungi such as dermatophytes, yeast and non-dermatophyte ) A infection is a type of chronic skin disease that is contagious. Onychomycosis mainly manifests as thickening of toes and nail plates, loss of gloss, discoloration, deformation or deck damage. Both fingernails and toenails can be affected, and the prevalence of toenails is higher, and the fungal disease under the nails is more serious and stubborn. A

Onychomycosis, is it really contagious?

The answer given by Aunt Cai is yes. Not only can you infect yourself, but also infect others. However, this is also conditional. If you get onychomycosis on one finger, you don’t have to worry about it, you don’t have standard treatment, and your original unhygienic habits are not corrected, then the fungus will naturally conquer the nails one nail at a time. In our daily lives, we can also spread fungi through finger-to-finger contact with others or through indirect contact, such as sharing shoes and bathing utensils. If you are infected with fungus, you will not necessarily get onychomycosis, the key is to create conditions for it to reproduce. Moreover, even if the infected person provides the conditions for fungal reproduction, the first manifestation will be hand, foot and ringworm. If it is not treated, it will gradually develop into onychomycosis. In general, onychomycosis can be transmitted, and people with poor immunity are easily infected.

When I told my mother the answer given by Aunt Cai, my mother was very upset. She said angrily: Do I not talk about hygiene at ordinary times?

But the mother used drugs prescribed by Aunt Cai: for example, topical ointment, glacial acetic acid solution or iodine.

 

4

 

My mother has applied all kinds of potions and ointments, and they can't really cure onychomycosis. Later, Aunt Cai gave a new recipe. Let the mother apply white vinegar to her own Hong Kong feet, not only the affected area, but the entire foot, every toenail, and change the socks every day.

The mother later did this: pour vinegar on the cap of the vinegar bottle, hold the cap in one hand, and point the vinegar with the index finger in the other hand, and apply it directly on the feet. , Apply more on the affected area. Just use it up and pour a little more, until you are full to the skin, it is not easy to dry it.

When I gradually understand the causes of onychomycosis, my heart will always be confused. My mother has onychomycosis, why do you always blame me? It was after giving birth to me that I had this nasty onychomycosis. She often uses a knife to shave thick onychomycosis when she is always idle. Every time at this time, I will be far away from her in amusement, for fear that she will continue to scold.

Mothers often use a variety of Chinese medicine to soak their nails, but it has no effect. There is no genetic history in the family, nor is the mother unhygienic. She had this nasty illness, although from a medical point of view, it had nothing to do with me. But she had to accept a reality. Her illness was only after she gave birth to me.

I have another shadow in her mind. She scolded me, more of my father. She always thought I was too much like my father.

没有评论:

发表评论