我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2024年1月31日星期三

The story of the maid

 


The story of the maid

 

When the hunter Chu Sanxing chatted with the wise man Agudengba, he would often complain about the hardships of life. He asked Agudengba: How can we get rid of those hardships in life?

Agudumba tells a story:

There were five people who jointly paid for a maid.

One of them said to the maid: "You have been my maid since the day I was born. You must serve me well all your life."

Another man said to the maid: "When I am sick, as a maid, you should know what to do for me."

Another man said to the maid: "I am old, you must know how to treat the elderly."

The words of these three people made the maid very embarrassed. She thought: These three people are all

Hard to serve.

"I'm about to die. I feel death is getting closer and closer to me. Before I pass away, have you ever thought about what you should do for me?" The man who didn't say much said as soon as he spoke. Astonishing.

So, the maid lowered her head. She really hadn't thought about this problem.

The last person spoke: "You may take good care of my four friends, but do you know what I am thinking about all day long? From birth to death, from illness to old age, this can be seen and felt But you always remember me in your heart, and I understand this. The question is, have you helped me? Who can I tell about my pain?" He lost his temper and said, "With my existence, You will never be happy!"

The other four also lost their temper. This maid was so humiliated for no reason.

After Agudengba finished telling the story, he asked the hunter Chu Sanxing: Do you know who these five people are? That is birth, old age, illness, death, and suffering, and that maid is ourselves. The causes and conditions of these five major worries are combined into one body, which is the life of a slave girl. When we live in this world, we are inevitably troubled by the troubles of birth, old age, illness, death, and suffering, from which we cannot extricate ourselves, just like this maidservant who is often whipped and tortured by these five things.

Agudengba sang a song "Five Worries":

 

What is the purpose of human life?

Faced with confusion since birth,

From illness to old age and death,

The accompanying pain is heartbreak.

 

Life is like a lowly servant girl,

You cannot control your own destiny,

Birth, old age, sickness, death and suffering are one,

Liberation from the five major worries is rebirth.

1 条评论:

  1. Taking the legendary wise Agu Demba as the protagonist, I started to create the Chinese-English version of "Snow Land Fable" using the traditional fable creation method that combines poetry and prose. Writing fableskes me feel like a child again. Studying snowy culture is my prescription to prevent Alzheimer’s di masease.

    回复删除