我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2024年1月22日星期一

Reincarnation of black dog

 


Reincarnation of black dog

 

Agudengba and Dawa rode donkeys and entered the land of Myanmar together with Chu Sanxing and Xiang Qima. The four of them chatted and laughed along the way, talking about the story of the Bone Dragon and the debt collector ghost.

At this time, the hunting dogs Dahuang and Dahei carried by hunter Chu Sanxing suddenly stared at an old man.

After seeing the hounds Dahuang and Dahei, the old man quickly bowed: "I am very ashamed to meet you two by chance. I hope you can bless the villagers and have a safe life."

Dahuang and Dahei looked at each other in confusion, wondering why the old man bowed humbly to him.

Hunters Chu Sanxing and Xiang Qima also came over.

The old man quickly bowed and sighed: My name is Wu Baigui.

Rich people have no other hobbies in their lives, but they love eating dog meat most. If they don't eat dog meat for three days, they will feel like there are greedy insects in their stomachs.

When the hounds Dahuang and Dahei heard this, their eyes immediately widened.

The old man continued:

It was approaching the 15th day of the second lunar month of that year, the birthday of Taiqing Daode Tianzun, and the county magistrate ordered him to fast for three days and not eat meat or fish. I suppressed my greed and ate vegetarian food for three days. On the fourth day, I hurriedly told the housekeeper: "Go to the market and buy half a dog meat, bring it back and give it to the cook to braise it!"

The housekeeper went to the market as I told him, and after a while he came back and reported to me: "Sir, unfortunately, there is no dog meat for sale in the market today. Why don't you buy some pork and chicken?"

I said angrily: "No, no! I want to eat dog meat! Go and find it for me!"

The housekeeper had no choice but to search in the market again. As soon as he walked out of the door, he saw a black dog at the door, rummaging for food along the street.

He hurriedly ran back to find me: "Master! There is a black dog outside the door. It looks like a wild dog without an owner. Why not kill it and eat its meat, and save fifty cents!"

If it were in the past, I would have told the butler not to be so cruel, but that day I was really greedy, so I waved my hand and said, "Whatever you want! Just bring me dog meat to drink with!"

The housekeeper hurriedly went out, called two more servants, took wooden sticks, chased and intercepted the black dog, beat it to death with several sticks, and dragged it back to the yard and handed it over to the cook.

The cook skillfully bled and peeled the skin. After a while, a large pot of fragrant dog meat was brought to the table. I drank three large bowls of it with the wine, then put down my chopsticks, touched my belly, and lay on the rocking chair to sleep contentedly.

The old man continued to say to hunters Chu Sanxing and Xiang Qima:

More than a year later, my concubine gave birth to a fat son. I named him Wu Fugui.

I was very happy. On the day of my son's 100th day, I held a big banquet for three days, attracting many beggars from the neighborhood to come to ask for rewards.

The beggars gathered in front of my house, saying auspicious words such as "Young Master is rich and noble" and "Young Master is a high official and a good salary". I was also very happy and gave them a lot of leftovers and copper coins.

One of them, an old beggar, suddenly said to me: "This young master is obviously here to collect debts."

When I heard this, my face changed drastically and I cursed angrily: "You old beggar, why are you cursing me?

The old beggar was not angry. He just shook his head and said, "You killed it for the sake of food and fifty cents. If it comes to collect debts, I'm afraid it won't leave without spending five thousand taels of silver from you."

I saw the nonsense he was talking, and the more I listened, the angrier I became. I shouted, "Come here! Beat this old beggar away!"

As soon as I finished speaking, three servants rushed over and beat and kicked the old beggar. The old beggar covered his head and ran away, shouting as he ran: "Just don't believe me! You will know later whether what I said is true or false!" "

Speaking of this, the old man Wu Baigui glanced at the hound Dahei.

He added: After a while, I finally calmed down, and then asked the housekeeper: "Who is that old beggar? Do you know him?"

The steward said: "We all know the beggars in the city, but we don't know who he is and we have never seen him before."

I became suspicious, and then I ordered the steward: "Go to the accountant and prepare five thousand taels of silver. From now on, all the young master's expenses will be drawn from this silver, and every penny will be recorded carefully."

The housekeeper then went to do it, and I thought to myself: "I want to give it a try to see if what this old beggar said is true or false."

At this time, Agudemba and Dawa also came. The old man Wu Baigui nodded towards them, and then continued:

Soon, my son Wu Fugui grew up to three years old. Strangely enough, since Wu Fugui started eating, he had to eat delicacies from all over the world every day, otherwise he would faint from hunger without taking a bite. I had no choice but to order my servants to buy fresh and expensive ingredients and cook them carefully every day.

When Wu Fugui was eight years old, I invited a famous old master to teach him how to read, but Wu Fugui refused to study hard, skipped classes every day, and was absent-minded.

He has grown to more than ten years old, and he does not do any serious work every day. He walks dogs and fights cocks, climbs trees to catch birds, and fishes in rivers. He just refuses to study hard, but he still refuses to settle for three meals a day.

In this way, Wu Baigui grew up to be twenty years old. On this day, the housekeeper came to me and said, "Master, there is not much left of the five thousand taels of silver in the second young master's name!"

I was surprised: "How much money is left?"

The steward took the book and said, "There are only two silver coins left."

I had an ominous premonition in my heart, but seeing that although Wu Fugui was idle all day long, he was healthy and strong, I suppressed my uneasiness and said, "It seems that the beggar from twenty years ago was talking nonsense."

At this time, Wu Baigui was wandering on the street and saw an old beggar begging on the street. He took out a tael of silver, threw it into the old beggar's broken bowl and said: "Old man, I am in a good mood today. I will give you a tael." Use the silver to make a suit of clothes and eat some good meals."

The old beggar looked at Wu Fugui and said, "Master Wu, if you gave me this tael of silver, your life will be at risk."

When Wu Fugui heard this, he was dissatisfied and said: "I kindly reward you with money, but you still curse me?"

The old beggar smiled and said: "It's not that I cursed you, it's just that you have forgotten the past. Twenty years ago, I reminded your father that you were here to collect debts. You should leave after spending the five thousand taels of silver. If he Believe me, I will discipline you strictly, be diligent and frugal, and you will never be able to spend all the five thousand taels in your lifetime, so naturally you will not leave early. It’s just that he allowed you to be extravagant and idle. Now that the five thousand taels have been used up, I’m afraid you won’t be here soon. Then he will leave.”

Wu Fugui was confused and said, "I don't know what you are talking about. I will go back and ask my father what's going on."

The old man Wu Baigui continued to say to Chu Sanxing and Agudengba:

My son quickly returned home. When he found me, he said something about the old beggar in the market. My expression changed and I said, "What does that beggar look like?"

His son Wu Fugui said: "He is about sixty years old, his beard and hair are a little gray, and he is covered in rags."

I frowned and said, "That old beggar is still alive after twenty years, and his appearance has not changed. Could it be that he is really an expert?"

I immediately said sternly to Wu Fugui: "You are not allowed to go out these days! You will eat all the food left by me! You are not allowed to spend another penny! The accountant will carefully check the accounts and let you go out in a few days!"

Then I searched Wu Fugui's body to find a few taels of silver, pushed him back to the room, and called the servants to keep a close eye on him, not allowing him to step out of the room.

His son Wu Fugui was dissatisfied and pretended to go back to his room. However, an hour later, out of boredom, he opened the back window, climbed over the wall and jumped over the eaves, and climbed out of the courtyard wall. He couldn't help but go out to play.

When he arrived at the market, he was hungry, so he casually walked into a restaurant and said, "Waiter, here's a plate of steamed sea bass, a few good dishes, and a jug of good wine!"

When the waiter saw that he was the second son of my family, he invited him in with a smile on his face to sit down. After a while, the food and wine were ready.

Wu Fugui finished eating deliciously and said to the waiter: "How much money? I didn't bring any money when I went out today. I'll pay for it another day."

The waiter smiled and said: "Who doesn't know that Mr. Fan, your family is rich? It's just a tael of silver. Mr. Fan, you can pay it whenever it's convenient for you!"

Wu Fugui nodded with satisfaction and walked out of the restaurant. He happened to meet his third uncle Fan Wanfu, so he cupped his fists and saluted, "Hello, third uncle."

Fan Wanfu asked: "Are you eating here?"

Wu Fugui said: "Yes, Third Uncle. I gave one tael of silver to an old beggar in the morning. I went out in the afternoon without any money. I haven't paid for this meal yet."

Fan Wanfu said: "How much money can a meal cost? I'll pay for it for you."

Wu Fugui stretched out a finger: "Thank you, Third Uncle. It's just one tael of silver. I'll treat it as something Third Uncle lent me and I'll pay it back tomorrow."

Fan Wanfu gave Wu Fugui one tael of silver, and Wu Fugui turned around and entered the restaurant again, paying the waiter the two taels of silver.

He went out to thank Fan Wanfu, and thinking that he had no money and no place to amuse himself, he walked to the river to take a few steps to eat and relax.

After a while, I was at home calculating the money Wu Fugui had spent from his birth to the present with the accountant. Suddenly a servant ran in in a panic and said: "Old... Master! It's not good! The second young master slipped and fell into the river. Drowned!"

"What!" I stood up suddenly and exclaimed, then my eyes darkened and I fainted...

The old man Wu Baigui sighed to Chu Sanxing:

 

In my daze, I suddenly saw two black figures entering the room and walking up to me without saying a word. The two of them grabbed my arms and lifted me up, easily lifting my chubby body up and fluttering away from the door. I was horrified and wanted to shout, but my throat felt like there was a rag stuffed in it and I couldn't make any sound at all.

The two of them took me to a government office. When I entered the hall, I saw a man in black robe. The man yelled at me: "Wu Baigui, you were greedy for food and killed a black dog to save fifty cents. I fined you five thousand taels of silver and let the black dog be reincarnated as your son. That five A thousand taels of silver are used for his enjoyment. When the five thousand taels are used up, the black dog will return to the underworld. Now that the five thousand taels have been spent, your second son will come back."

At this time, I suddenly woke up. The housekeeper, concubine and others were crying in front of the bed. I was lying on the bed. I asked anxiously: "Isn't Wu Fugui locked in the room? Why did he run out?"

The housekeeper said: "The second young master escaped over the wall from the back window and met the third master in the market. I asked the third master and he said that the second master borrowed a couple of silver from him to eat, and he drowned by the river not long after. Already..."

The old man Wu Baigui closed his eyes tightly and sighed with tears: "It's true as the old beggar said, blame me for killing the black dog. The fate between father and son is over..."

The old man Wu Baigui pointed at the hound Dahei that hunter Chu Sanxing carried with him, and said sadly: "When I see this Dahei, I will think of my son. Since my son drowned, I will never eat dog meat again. My family When eating meat, we must buy it at the market, and we are not allowed to kill any living beings. My family and I have become much kinder. From then on, I began to fall in love with reading. Reading to manage my emotions is actually managing my own life."

The old man Wu Baigui sang a song "Managing Life":

 

Life is always full of ups and downs,

Everyone encounters difficulties.

What we should do,

It is to turn anger into success.

Manage your emotions well,

In fact, it is about managing life.

I want to live a safe and happy life,

You need to have a peaceful mind.

Get out of the negative thinking frame,

Think more positively.

Learn to stay calm and composed,

The mood will become clearer.

Let your emotions dock,

Your mood will warm up.

Meet the challenge with a smile,

Troubles will be solved.

没有评论:

发表评论