我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2020年5月28日星期四

Liberate yourself Chapter 5



1

I started school when I was seven years old.
Since I was too short and enrolled one year earlier, I was not able to enter a regular primary school, but entered a private primary school. This is what the father meant: "Private and public are the same, as long as the children are willing to learn, there will be good results."
The old people don't think so. Old people say that privately-run elementary schools are like private schools in the old days. When I saw the teacher, I knocked two heads first. The hard part is that corporal punishment is also practiced in private schools. The most common are penalty kneeling and a thumping palm. When hitting the palm, the back of the hand must be placed on the corner of the table. It is said that it hurts even more. In addition, there are spanking, knocking on the head, pulling ears, and the name is very multifarious.
The students' greatest fear is the bamboo board of the teacher's thugs.
China is probably a country that has always advocated punishment. From government offices to bandits, and even from old families to private schools, the use of punishment is indispensable.
When I heard the old people's words, I naturally refused to go to private elementary schools. After learning about my fears, my father took me to the private elementary school for "sightseeing" before the start of school.
There, I met the teachers, and the tension began to relax. It turned out that they were all educated housewives who were not at home. Later I heard that they moved from family to society in order to seek women's liberation. They are not as terrible as the old people said. There is no bamboo board in their hands, and their slender hands are as soft and warm as the mother's hands ...
    I picked up my schoolbag and stepped into the school gate, where I began to accept new knowledge in the group of female teachers seeking women's liberation.
On the first day of school, a classmate suddenly cried in class. Later, the teacher found out that the student was holding back the shit, and he dared not tell the teacher that he was finally caught in his pants.
At that time, all of our classmates were terrified: there is no doubt that the teacher will definitely teach him with a severe punishment.
However, our panic sentiment quickly recovered. The kind female teacher took the student out of the classroom.
After a while, the student sat at the desk again and listened to the lesson.
    After class, the student told us that the teacher washed his pants and hung them on the balcony. He is now wearing the underwear worn by the teacher s children.
    In the days to come, none of our students have been beaten by the teacher. Our teacher is kind like a nanny. In addition to teaching us to learn arithmetic and Chinese, we also teach us to sing and draw, and even send us home, Umbrella for us on a rainy day ...
    However, I don't like the teacher sending me home. In this way, I can be more free. I can watch the bustling, beautiful shop windows along the street, cars running back and forth, and the flow of people coming and going.
What's more interesting is that there are often people fighting at the door of our house.
Hi, cockfighting is so beautiful!
The two roosters faced each other on the concrete floor. The feathers between their necks were erected because of their anger, as if they were wearing a beautiful wreath on their necks. other side.
Suddenly, the two sides leaped violently towards each other, and the fierce battle began. Without showing any weakness to each other, they pricked the red meat crown on top of each other's head with their pointed mouths, often fighting with their heads bleeding, and refused to give in.
The onlookers will shout desperately: "Come on! Come on!"
Sometimes fierce battles can last for a long time, as if they refuse to admit defeat until death, at which time, there will be a situation where the masters of both parties come to mediate.
Every time at this time, I will feel very regretful. If it is better to fight again, how can we know if we have no ending?
    "Fight", I just think it's fun, don't you all think so? Seeing the cockfight made me forget to go to school and go home from school.

2

   My father likes me very much, but he doesn't like my brother.
My brother is six years older than me. We grew up together and we always study and play together. Of course, there seems to be no difference between our brothers. But when I went to elementary school, I began to feel that there was a difference between my brother and me in terms of age, interest, or ability. This difference became more and more significant later.
My grades are the best in the class, and my brother's grades are the worst in the class.
My brother is not stupid, but he is active and naughty, but he is really smart. He can use several small pieces of wood to make gliding planes. He can also use small pieces of wood and rubber bands to make small boats that can sail in the bathtub. He can shoot down birds stopped on the treetops with a slingshot. He will also quickly climb up the tall sycamore tree, pick many round hemp grains from the tree, and then use these hemp grains to accurately throw the children running under the tree.
I used to be proud of my brother's guts and creativity. But whenever I had a conflict with him, I would exaggerate my brother's "pride" and tell my father, so my brother would inevitably be beaten.
    My complaint gradually alienated my brother from me, so that I had an incomprehensible mental pain. In particular, when he saw that I was making a model airplane, he would deliberately use the fastest time to complete his masterpiece; and deliberately put his masterpiece on a successful trial flight in advance before I finished his own production. My incompetence. For this reason, I no longer learn to do any craftsmanship he has learned.
    I am a passionate, frank, and fixed-interest child. I am interested in all kinds of things, and I am obsessed with them with all my heart. However, there is only one thing: these things that attract me must be beyond my brother s grasp. My self-esteem prevents me from showing incompetence even in the slightest distance, and I want to prove that I am smarter than him and he has Not as good as my place.
    I was fascinated by paintings. My paintings were praised by teachers in the kindergarten. My ink paintings "Little Swallow" and "Umbrella Child" were once recommended by the teacher to be exhibited in the district children's painting exhibition. This is the earliest work that I have been praised by the society. Even today, I am proud of it.
    I have collected many works of art. At first, I copied and created. Later, I was more creative, because I was very proud and refused to imitate others. Because I refused to imitate others' pride habits, my painting level stopped. However, I still regard my work as a masterpiece of treasures and no one is allowed to touch it.
    The elder brother knew me, but he deliberately concealed his understanding of me.
    Once, he deliberately knocked over my palette and splashed colorful watercolor paints on my upcoming "masterpiece", he deliberately widened his eyes again: "Ah! It's terrible, I'll take your masterpiece Ruined ... "
    "You did it on purpose! I told my father to go!" I was very angry.
    "I accidentally flipped the palette. What's so great about this? Don't you know how to paint? Just draw another one." Brother said very relaxedly.
    "Please never touch my things!" I shouted.
    "Can my brother give an order to my brother?" My brother said cunningly.
    "Why not? You broke my stuff!" I shouted again.
    "You know, the father is not here, and the siblings have to listen to the eldest son. This is China's rules, thousands of years' rules." The brother said, laughing at me.
    I was so angry that since then, I haven't spoken to him for several days.
    "Are you still mad at me?" Brother finally spoke to me first.
"I won't make trouble with you again in the future, please forgive me!" After the brother said this, he reached out to me.
My chest seemed to be pressed with a heavy lead plate, and I finally stepped back and extended my hand to my brother.
More than thirty years have passed. My brother and I have never had a quarrel. I love my brother very much. He is more open-minded and honest than me. He is more mature than me.

3

My brother often gets into trouble at school. Once, he smashed the fluorescent lamp in the classroom with a slingshot. The teacher came to the door and the father picked up the military belt and beat his brother.
But my brother is very enthusiastic to participate in the school's collective activities.
Do you know the Great Leap Forward in China in 1958? In addition to the fact that people in the city are also smelting iron and steel, the passionate Chinese have also invented a huge scene. Although I was still in elementary school at the time, I had already experienced the fiery scene of the Great Leap Forward. The deepest memory should be the mobilization of the people to eliminate sparrows. At that time, a nationwide war against the people's public enemies, the enemies were those sparrows.
Inside and outside Shanghai's alleys, every household's balcony, yard, and even the roof are equipped with dummies made of straw and covered with old clothes, to scare sparrows and prevent them from staying.
The cadres of Li Nong banged gongs and drums against the sky. The residents took the washbasin pot lid and other guys and yelled loudly while banging. Many people were standing on the roof of the alley.
The elder brother climbed up to the roof of his house, took an iron spoon as a drum stick, and beat a tin can filled with cookies desperately. He was flushed with excitement, walking around on the roof, yelling and driving the sparrow.
At that time, the adults were even more busy, almost no one dared not to take part in the Sparrow Sparrow operation, and they all came forward without fear. Because our enemies have no resistance. If they are playing tigers, then the situation may be different.
The poor sparrows all became panic-stricken birds, and fluttered around the sky in panic, some were frightened, and some were exhausted because they had nowhere to stay. They all fell to the ground from the air and were excited. People caught their hands and became the spoils of reporting to the superiors of the residents' committee cadres.
The little sparrow encountered a "big disaster". This is also the most characteristic and tragic war in human history.
A sparrow eradication campaign, known as the "People's War" by future generations, quickly swept across China's north and south with unpredictable momentum. In today's memories of people over the age of 60, the national patriotic sanitation "fight" to eliminate sparrows, mice, flies, and mosquitoes cannot be overstated. Among them, the sparrow, one of the "four evils", has become the target of "encirclement and suppression" by the urban and rural masses.
According to incomplete statistics, in 1958 alone, more than 200 million sparrows were eliminated nationwide. From the end of 1957 to April 1958, Henan, a major agricultural province, announced that more than 100 million sparrows had been killed.
China s grievances have been more than ever since ancient times. When those who were labeled as Bull, Ghost, and Snake Godwere rehabilitated, the Sparrow Injusticewas also rehabilitated. In August 2000, the sparrow was also listed as a nationally protected animal by the National List of Wildlife Conservation organized by the State Forestry Administration. Now, the little sparrow that was once traumatized can be free to fly for food, and no longer have to live in fear day and night ...
The elder brother fought to be a pioneer in eliminating sparrows. My mother found that the newly bought jar of biscuits had been thrown off the table by his brother, but the tin jar filled with biscuits was used by him as a gong, and it was knocked. The mother sued her father. My brother was beaten again.
Since the beginning of summer in 1957, men, women and children across China have been fully mobilized, with only one task: to eliminate the four harms. The activity is organized and planned. The school stipulates that every student must bring a fly swatter. Most of these fly swatters are made of cardboard by themselves. They must be carried with them. White lime was scattered all over the toilet, which was also used to eliminate fly pupae.
At that time, when our children went to school, they often went to some garbage dumps beside the wall to dig the pupae, and filled the stinky puddles where mosquitoes were prone to grow. The rodent control is to block the rat hole and lower the clip, but the effect does not seem to be obvious. Only sparrow catching is quite lively, and the children are also very excited. Just like the adults who love to play mahjong today, in fact, mahjong was also called "sparrow" in the past.
At that time, our children would always use wooden sticks and brooms to turn around in the alleys, and found sparrows flying when they came over. This method of playing sparrows is not hidden.
The elder brother climbed the roof to catch the sparrows parked there. As a result, the newly-bought tin can was smashed.
The elder brother was beaten, but he still had trouble. Shanghai is a big city. There were few sparrows in the city. He was very sad because he could not catch them.
My brother said to me, "I will take you to the countryside to catch the sparrows." My brother took me and I did not know how many roads I walked. From the city to the suburban countryside, my brother climbed the tree and took the sparrow nest. Die, and the eggs break. The local farmers are very supportive and say, "The sparrows are too bad to eat the crops. Thank you for eliminating the harm for the people."
But I saw these newly born sparrows are very cute, so I said to my brother: "Can we take it home?"
My brother didn't say anything, so he caught a few sparrows for me and hugged them home.
Back home, my brother said to me again and again: "I can't tell anyone. My family has sparrows, otherwise there will be big trouble."
I already understand this truth. I can only sneak a glance at the little sparrows I keep at night, to be precise, only a few hours later, all the little sparrows died under my eyelids. I can't feed these sparrows, and I don't even know how to feed them. But I understand the truth. The sparrow is very pitiful. It is so weak and powerless that its fate cannot be held in its own hands.
The little sparrow is really pitiful. Perhaps the "encirclement and suppression" was too strong, they didn't stop breathing.
One day, a little sparrow flew directly from the air to the balcony of my house. My brother caught it and gave it to me.
I did not put this little sparrow in the cage and gave it to the teacher. I put it gently in the corner of the balcony and put some grains of rice in front of it. I hope it will survive the brave ... little sparrow maybe Knowing my mind, it lay there motionlessly looking at me with open eyes until it closed its eyes forever.
On a rainy day more than fifty years later, I accidentally saw a little sparrow wet by the rain fall down there. I picked it up back to the office and tried to save it. As a result, it was also brought back to life. ability. There are too many people in this world who need help. Who can I help? I don't even have the ability to rescue a sparrow.
Today, we can learn from various sources the truth about the siege of sparrow wars.
On March 19, 1958, the four provinces of Henan, Shandong, Shanxi, and Hebei made a detailed description of the mutual inspection standards for "elimination of the four pests" in the "Advanced Agreement on Removal of the Four Pests" Regulations.
The archives record: "More than 95% of the residents in the jurisdiction have no rat holes, no rat traces, and no rodent damage; when killing existing sparrows, in the places where they often inhabit, except for the rare orphans, the flock of birds must not be seen flying over. Or stop ... "
In March 1958, the students who were going to school in Xinyang No. 1 High School participated in the sparrow-catching activities organized by the school. After meeting with the local people, there were more than 100,000 people. The scene was really hot. A retired cadre of the provincial party committee said that more than 1,000 people from the school went to the outskirts of Xinyang to play sparrows. As a result, after a busy morning, he did not catch the sparrows, but he caught many pheasants and hares.
During that time, my classmates and I arrived at the school every Sunday, and we had to carry the mouse tail, the dead sparrow, and the dead fly to the teacher. Not only did the school assign the students the task of eliminating the four evils, but the Li Committee also called on the residents to fight the sparrows. If you can't catch a sparrow, you will be criticized.
How warm was the four evils? The Henan Dailyon February 2, 1958 described this way: Every household is mobilized and thousands of troops are on the battlefield. In the past week except for the four victims, 29 counties and cities such as Zhengzhou and Linying were counted, and more than 116,000 rodents were killed There are more than 180,000 sparrows, more than 4.1 million mosquitoes and flies, and more than 60,000 catty pupae ... "
On the same day, the supplement of "Henan Daily" also published the lyrics of "Everyone Comes to Remove the Four Harm":
You come, I come too,
Everyone came to get rid of the four evils.
The sparrow mouse is going to burn out,
Flies and mosquitoes are to be eliminated.
There is no harm, and it is hygienic,
Not sick all year round ...
4

Why did the little sparrow become a "public enemy"?
It turned out that as early as 1955, China's agricultural cooperative movement reached its climax. In order to enable people throughout the country, especially farmers, to have a long-term goal for agricultural development, Mao Zedong went out to investigate this winter and formed "17 opinions", of which the content of Article 13 is to eliminate the four harms.
In the spring of 1956, Wu Zhipu, the second secretary of the Henan Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of China, conveyed Mao Zedong's "17 Instructions" at the meeting of the provincial senior presidents. The conference archives at that time recorded Wu s speech: Chairman Mao s17 Instructions covers a wide range, from running a society to increasing production to eliminating sparrows, mice, flies, mosquitoes ... Article 13, Chairman Mao called for the removal Four pests, that is, basically eliminate rats and other pests, sparrows and other harmful birds, flies, and mosquitoes within 7 years. Sparrows eat a lot of crops, and the sparrows can kill 7 kg of food per mu. ... "
Later, "Seventeen Articles" were supplemented and expanded to "Forty Articles", and named "The National Agricultural Development Program (Draft) from 1956 to 1967". On January 25, 1956, this document was discussed and approved at the Supreme State Council, and the full text was published in the People s Daily the next day.
On March 10, 1956, the Henan Provincial Party Committee proposed to implement the preliminary plan for the National Agricultural Development Program (Draft) from 1956 to 1967. According to the records of the archives, the plan lists the timetable for the elimination of the four pests in the "Agricultural Production Increase" and "Hygiene" chapters: "Basically eliminate the sparrows and other harmful birds before 1958; the city eliminates house rats in 1957, and the countryside in 1958. The elimination of house rats, basically the elimination of voles in 1962; the elimination of flies in five cities of Zhengzhou, Luoyang, Kaifeng, Xinxiang and Anyang in 1956; the elimination of flies in rural areas in 1958; the elimination of mosquitoes in cities in 1960 and in rural areas in 1962 ... "
As in all parts of the country, except for the four evils, which were carried out in Henan with great fanfare, the media even publicized the movement of the whole people--
 "In order to eliminate the four evils, we must take advantage of winter and spring to make it a household name and a popular opinion ..." This is a report on the front page of the "Henan Daily" on February 1, 1958, titled "Recognizing the situation and inspiring revolutionary energy."
On February 4, the front page of Henan Daily published another article: "At present, the province has basically eliminated the four harmful bases, and the provinces and municipalities are required to achieve" four nos "or" five nos "in 1958. Each zone has three, four, five Counties have achieved "four nos" or "five nos", and more districts, townships, communities, households and factories, institutions, organizations, and enterprises have realized "four nos" or "five nos ..." The report criticized the removal of the four harms The 10 counties that have been slow to act require that the Love and Health Association at all levels establish a reporting system to reward advanced.
From 1957 to the spring and summer of 1958, in addition to the four evils that swept the country, especially for the sparrow killing, as the popular Allegro published that year: "There is reconnaissance, there are ambushes / siege from all sides / day and night ..."
In 1958, sparrows became the object of people's intention to "exterminate the door", and the number of hunts was also the most "spectacular" ...
Do you know how brilliant the results are? In 4 months, 130 million sparrows will be "killed"!
An old man who worked in the Shangqiu County Party Committee in 1958 recalled: "I was most impressed at that time by shouting the slogan 'Si Wu' every day. Units wanted 'Si Wu', dormitories wanted 'Si Wu', and cities wanted 'Si Wu'. In rural areas, there must be "four nos." The old man also said that during the Spring Festival in 1958, the unit began to send people tools such as fly swatters and mouse traps. He and his colleagues often lined up and took tools to take out the streets to kill them. "The sanitary inspection is very strict, and the sparrow droppings found on the ground are unqualified."
Since the end of 1957, the elimination of the four harms has become an upsurge of "comparing, learning, catching up, and surpassing" in all parts of Henan. At the Fifth Session of the National People s Congress held on February 7, 1958, Minister of Health Li Dequan was active in eight provinces including Zhengzhou and Dengfeng in Beijing, Shanghai, and Gansu, which were active in the "four harms" campaign. Affirmed and praised with the region.
The four-harm campaign is still escalating!
"The eradication of the four harms can be achieved not only within 10 years, but also in advance." On February 12, 1958, the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council issued the "Instructions on the Elimination of the Four Harms", making this unprecedented eradication of the four harms. The movement went into a frenzy. The "Directive" believes: "A climax of a patriotic health campaign centered on the elimination of the four harms has taken shape across the country. As of now, according to incomplete statistics, provinces and municipalities that have realized the" four nonesses "ahead of schedule have already set Beijing for two years , Henan is set to be three years, and Shanghai is three to five years ... It is decided that the cities and counties that will realize the 'four nonesses' this year include Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang, Jiaozuo, Dengfeng in Henan, etc. "
It is worth noting that, on March 2, 1958, the front page of the "Henan Daily" reported on one page of "Dengfeng Realizes" Four Nothing "Counties in Advance", and distributed editorials and the Provincial Committee and Provincial People's Committee to register Congratulatory message and award order.
On April 2 of that year, the Henan Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial People's Committee of the Communist Party issued an "Emergency Instruction on the Elimination of the Four Harms". The archives stated: "At present, 63 counties and cities in the province have basically realized the" four nonesses ", including Kaifeng. All the 12 counties in the zone have achieved the "Four Nothing" ... a month of hard work and the realization of the "Four Nothing" province. It is necessary to comprehensively encircle and suppress, repeatedly sweep, quickly and quickly, and wipe out the four evils ... "
Since then, the little sparrows juxtaposed with mice, flies, and mosquitoes have been completely beaten into the "cold palace", ushering in the severe winter of fate.
A Henan province file for the progress of eliminating four pests made such statistics: "From December 21, 1957 to late April 1958, there were more than 135 million rodent killers and 139 million sparrows in the province. Digging mosquitoes and flies (including fly pupae) more than 180,000 pounds. "According to incomplete statistics in various places, more than 210 million sparrows were killed in the country in 1958.
The "encirclement and suppression" sparrow spectacle occurred in many parts of the country. For example, Qionglai County, Sichuan Province established the "Seven Harm Reduction Campaign Committee", which clearly proposed that sparrows be the "number one enemy", and divided 1945 "war zones", with a total of more than 218,000 "combatants". The "advanced experience" was also made into a news documentary and screened nationwide.
On April 20, 1958, the People s Daily published a message saying: On April 19, Beijing s 3 million people were mobilized to wipe out 83,000 sparrows a day.

5

At that time, let alone the urban areas like Zhengzhou and Shanghai and Beijing, even many rural areas could not see sparrows. The reason why sparrows suffer the most is because it is the easiest to spot and is better than mice, flies and mosquitoes.
In fact, in the 1956 to 1967 National Agricultural Development Program (Draft) published in 1956, the use of sparrows as one of the "four harms" has caused some doubts in academia, and sparrows have therefore been treated preferentially.
Sparrows are different from mice and mosquitoes. Sparrows are omnivorous animals that feed on pests during breeding and brood with pests. When the grains are mature, many flocks fly to the farmland to peck. At that time, animal experts suggested that the benefits of sparrows cannot be generalized. But in the political climate at the time, these opinions were not adopted.
It was not until 1956 that after the "Double Hundred Policy" was put forward, the zoology community started to contend about the sparrow problem. For a time, the "Beijing Daily", "Wenhui Daily" and other newspapers published a lot of discussion articles. Later, in the "National Agricultural Development Program (Amendment Draft) from 1956 to 1967" adopted by the Third Plenary Session of the Eighth Central Committee of the Communist Party of China in October 1957, the original four-harm elimination provisions were modified: "The sparrows are fight to protect crops Sparrows in cities and forests can be eliminated. "
Fortunately, the "Sparrow Injustice Case" lasted for nearly 5 years. Finally, with the support of some scientists, with the personal approval of Mao Zedong, the sparrow was finally removed from the list of "four harms".
"Remove the four harms" is reasonable, and there is nothing wrong with paying attention to hygiene. Are flies, mice, and mosquitoes still being eliminated? Is nt the patriotic health movement still engaged? But why no one understands the importance of maintaining a natural balance in such a big China? If you rely solely on manpower to break this balance, it will destroy the ecological environment and violate the laws of nature. In the end, it will be humans who will be the victims.
The elimination of sparrows was originally to preserve grain and increase production. However, there was no paddy field in the city. So for me at that time, the most intuitive result of eliminating sparrows was the increase of insects on the trees.
At that time, due to lack of material, almost every household in the city kept several chickens or ducks to enjoy during the Spring Festival.
The best feeds for chickens and ducks are insects on trees and earthworms in the ground. These things fall on our children's heads. I often go to the roads or nearby gardens to collect insects.
Why not catch but pick? Because at that time, the most common thing on the tree was a bug called "skin worm". It was covered with a soft shell like a bark, and it could spit out long silk like a spider's silk, and hang itself. On the branch. So we kids do nt have to catch it, we just need to pick it up.
The natural enemies of these bugs are sparrows. When the sparrows die out, the bug family quickly swells up, and it hurts us children, who collect bugs as part of their extracurricular life.
There are some spiny caterpillars on the tree. In my memory, the most in the early sixties. From the first to midsummer, many spiny caterpillars can be seen on the ground under each tree.
Now that I think about it, I am afraid that it has nothing to do with the disaster of sparrows.
During this period throughout the country, this campaign of "eliminating the four evils" with the sparrow killing as the core, as a prelude to the "Great Leap Forward", was released in June 1958, the satellite was released in agriculture, and the exhibition "Dalian Steel" was held in the October issue After that, the flag quickly swelled.
The history of the sparrow's disaster has passed, and the debate about its existence is meaningless, but the reflection left to us will not disappear ...
For me, the deep impression is the memories of my brother beaten to eliminate sparrows.




没有评论:

发表评论