我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年9月28日星期四

Make your own destiny

 


Make your own destiny

 

A donkey pack team led by the old donkey passed by the meadow and while resting by the river, the donkeys actually took the opportunity to escape into the snowy mountains and forests.

What shocked the leader, the old donkey, was that this collective rebellion of donkeys was only successful due to the instigation and planning of the old gray donkey. The strange thing is that only the old gray donkey did not escape and was still wandering by the river.

The old donkey asked the old gray donkey: Why don't you cross the river and escape far away?

The old gray donkey said calmly: With the changes of the times, machines have replaced labor. People no longer use donkeys to pull and grind burdens, nor do they use donkeys to plow and sow. The donkeys are unemployed. They know that after this transportation is completed, They will be sent to the market to be sold by you, and what awaits them is to be killed and become human food. It is better to wait for death than to live. The donkey is not at fault in his choice. Why don't I escape? The reason is very simple. I am old and I don't care about life or death. It's just that I can't worry about you. I just want to see you again. I have something to say to you.

The old donkey was confused: "What do you want to say to me?"

The old gray donkey said: "These donkeys have no natural enmity with you. You provide food and shelter, and they work hard for you. This is not unreasonable. Their efforts have rewarded you. Now, you are ready to let them go alive." How much money can you get from going to the slaughterhouse? You can't forget what they paid."

The old gray donkey added: Only those who have faith and good intentions will have a wider road in life. The donkeys are gone, this is the fate they chose. If you lose your donkey, this is your life. In fact, you just want hope in difficult times and peace of mind in good times. And fate all stems from uncertainty about the future.

The old gray donkey went on to say: I didn't leave, I stayed just to tell you that there is a garden ahead. You go there and see the owner of the garden, and he will show you the way. People say that an old horse knows the way, but actually an old donkey knows the destiny.

After the old gray donkey finished speaking, he slowly walked towards the meadow.

The old donkey followed the old gray donkey's instructions and came to the garden not far away. A couplet was hung in front of the garden door: "Everything depends on man-made things. Don't say that everything is fate. Situation is created by the heart. Taking a step back will naturally make you happy."

The owner of the garden turned out to be a lama.

The lama said to the old donkey: Although there is a difference between rich and poor when you are born as a human being, if you have a good mentality and adjust yourself, you can enjoy your life peacefully even if you are not rich. The misfortunes and blessings in life are not destiny, but man himself.

A believer who was chatting with the lama said to the old donkey: I once went to have my fortune told, and then I felt that my destiny was calculated accurately, and there was no suspense for the rest of my life. By chance, I met the lama in front of me. At that time, I sat face to face with the lama and meditated for a whole day without having a single delusional thought.

The lama asked me why, and I said: My fate was determined by a fortune teller, and even thinking about it was in vain.

The lama said: What a pity, I think you look like a kind-hearted person, but your fate has been determined by others.

The believer said: I ask the lama: what should I do.

The Lama said: You make your own destiny, seek your own blessings, do evil and lose blessings, practice good and gain blessings.

The believer said: From then on, I started to be a new person, correcting my mistakes while actively doing good deeds and accumulating merit. A few years later, the fortune teller said that I would never win the exam in my life, but after my hard work, I passed the exam; the fortune teller said that I was destined to have no children, but after I did 3,000 good deeds, I had a son; the fortune teller said My husband said I can only live to be 53 years old, but I am now 74 years old.

The lama said to the old donkey: Life is actually a practice. In this life, one-third of the destiny is destiny and the other seven-half is salary. To survive to the end, what we fight for is "original destiny" and "destiny". And your life is in your own hands. Life is your own, and it is up to you to decide how you want to live it. You lost the donkey, but you gave the donkey the freedom to live. This is cause and effect. Wherever there is a cause, there must be an effect, and no one can escape it. You lost a few donkeys, but what you gained was the great virtue of releasing animals to do good.

 

The lama clasped his hands and sang the mantra "Release Life":

 

Flowers bloom in the snowy grassland

I let the donkey go home free

Sunset, snowy mountains and clouds drifting in

Birds flying freely in the air

The lotus of love supports dreams

Free swimming in the fish river

Accumulate virtue, release lives and do good deeds

All living beings are equal and love has no boundaries

 

Blessed be blessed that all living beings have the virtue of benevolence and love

Om mani bei mi hum om mani bei mi hum

Om mani bei mi hum om mani bei mi hum

1 条评论:

  1. Taking the legendary wise Agu Demba as the protagonist, I started to create the Chinese-English version of "Snow Land Fable" using the traditional fable creation method that combines poetry and prose. Writing fables makes me feel like a child again. Studying snowy culture is my prescription to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

    回复删除