我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年11月18日星期六

Parvati's devotion

 


Parvati's devotion

 

The old donkey told Agudengba the story about the reincarnation of the Snow Mountain Goddess Uma. He continued:

That was a long, long time ago. Himachal, the mountain god incarnated by the Himalayas, dressed up his daughter Uma and brought many offerings to Mount Kailasa to pay homage to the great god Shiva.

Himachal asked Shiva to allow Uma to practice with him every day, and hoped that Shiva would agree to let Uma stay and serve Him.

When Uma saw Shiva, her heart beat like a deer, and she began to squeak, and only uttered a few words from her mouth:

"Lord Shiva...I, my name is Parvati...you can just call me Uma..."

Shiva saw Uma and said to Himachal: "You want your daughter to practice with me, that's fine. But there is no need for her to stay and serve, because I no longer need the restraint of lust."

Uma felt a little sad when she heard what Shiva said later. But the thought of practicing with Shiva made her extremely happy.

So after that, Uma dressed herself up every day, happily walked a long way from the village, came to Kailasa and practiced with Shiva, day after day, until one day, Shiva questioned Uma One thing also made Uma change her mind.

"Uma, you dress yourself up and come to Kailasa every day. Do you really come to practice with me sincerely? Or do you just come here for fun and just want to get married to me?" Shiva asked in meditation with his eyes closed. Uma.

"Lord Shiva, you have misunderstood the definition of me coming dressed up. If I don't dress up to see Lord Shiva, wouldn't it be rude to the Lord?" Uma was frightened by Shiva's question.

Shiva did not respond much to Uma's answer. Shiva also agreed with Uma's words and stopped questioning him harshly.

But Uma comes to practice in bright clothes every day, which makes Shiva question Uma's piety.

When she returned home from the mountain that day, Uma was depressed. She liked Shiva and Shiva had seen through it, but Shiva remained indifferent.

The old donkey told Agudengba that at that time the Snow Mountain Goddess Uma sang a song depressingly, which was "Where is Love":

 

If you want to know where love is,

Love is in my inner world.

If you want to know where love is,

Love is in my ten thousand years of practice.

   

Since I had a fate with a great god in my previous life,

So the love remains unchanged in the present reincarnation.

Love is in the snowy areas of the Himalayas,

Love is on that day when spring flowers bloom.

 

1 条评论:

  1. Taking the legendary wise Agu Demba as the protagonist, I started to create the Chinese-English version of "Snow Land Fable" using the traditional fable creation method that combines poetry and prose. Writing fables makes me feel like a child again. Studying snowy culture is my prescription to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

    回复删除