我的简介

我的照片
作家、摄影家、民间文艺家

2023年12月29日星期五

Lavani old man

 


Lavani old man

 

After Christmas is New Year's Day. On Christmas Eve, old man Lavani told Agudengba: I will say goodbye to you because I want to send the white tiger to the White Tiger Villa. The white tiger's injury has basically healed, and it should Returned to his own place of destination.

Agudengba was very surprised, but also very helpless. Starting from Tibet, he traveled to India, Sri Lanka and Nepal. He wanted to understand the history and culture of the Western Regions. When he first set foot on the land of Bangladesh, he encountered a white tiger. Of course, he was very scared at the time. Unexpectedly, this white tiger actually has its own temporary owner, that is old man Lavani. The old man Lavani told Agudengba that the white tiger was injured and that he had adopted and rescued him. The white tiger was also considerate and very grateful to him.

After Agudengba met the old man Lavani by chance, the old man Lavani took the initiative to accompany Agudengba to travel to many places in Bangladesh, and also told him about the history, culture, and religion of Bangladesh, including the economy, humanities, and customs. Old Lavani has a wide range of knowledge and there is almost nothing he doesn’t know. However, Agudengba did not understand the life experience and occupation of the old man Lavani, because the old man always avoided talking about it.

When the old man Lavani was about to part with Agudengba, the old man finally told Agudengba his experience.

It turns out that Mr. Lavani is not a Bangladeshi in the traditional sense. His ancestral home is in Tibet. Later, due to the war, he fled to India and later stayed in Bangladesh. At that time, he had nothing and no occupation, and was a poor wanderer.

Old Lavani later joined a smuggling team, which often sailed out to sea to engage in small business in Southeast Asia. He also heard a lot of historical legends about South Asia and East Asia.

Old Lavani said: I am not officially married, but I have three wives. Since polygamy is practiced in Bangladesh, it is not illegal for me to have three wives. But according to local law, a man needs to pay taxes when he marries a wife. The more wives he has, the more taxes he pays. I am a poor man, how can I have money to get a wife? In order to satisfy my physical desires and have a little money, I went to the prostitute island to vent my emotions. Later, I met a wandering woman with a broken leg. She could no longer make a living by picking up customers. Out of sympathy and to satisfy my own desires, I took her in and have been living with her until now. She treats me well, but she doesn't have the ability to help me with more housework. But I don't have time to take care of her. I have to go to sea to make money at any time.

Old Lavani continued sadly:

In order to relieve my pain and find friends who could talk to her, my wife suddenly found a beautiful girl for me, who was only 13 years old at the time. The girl begged me, hoping to be my wife and willing to serve me for the rest of her life. I was very surprised. Later, I learned that the girl’s mother was also a prostitute on Prostitute Island. She was unable to accept clients because she had a sexually transmitted disease, so the madam forced her daughter to accept clients. Do you know what a bustard is? The old bustard, also known as the turtle father, the bustard mother, the godly woman, the turtle woman, and the old prostitute, is the actual female operator of the brothel, or the prostitute agent. The "old" in "老鸨" represents a skilled person, and "bustard" is a bird that can walk but not fly. The girl's mother did not want her daughter to repeat her fate, so she persuaded her daughter to escape from the prostitute island. In this way, with the help of my wife, the girl escaped from the prostitute island and came to me, becoming my second cohabitant. I secretly picked up the girl's mother through a friend who was overseas, and I helped her cure her sexually transmitted diseases. She became my third wife.

When the old man Lavani said this, he stared at Agudengba with pleading eyes and said: I gave the girl a Tibetan name "Dawa" and gave her mother a name "Nima".

Agudengpa smiled: In the eyes of Tibetans, "Dawa" represents the moon; "Nima" represents the sun. Mr. Lavani, what is your eldest wife's name? Did you also choose a Tibetan name?

Old Lavani also smiled: You are right, I named her "Baima". Agudengba was delighted: Pema, this refers to the lotus. Ah, the lotus is a symbol of good fortune and can also mean "coming out of the mud without being stained."

Old Lavani said seriously to Agudengba:

I left Tibet reluctantly, but Tibet has always been in my heart. I want Dawa to follow you to Tibet. She can be your companion, both to take care of you and to learn more from you. I'm worried that the slutty old madam from Prostitute Island will send someone to capture Dawa. Dawa's mother Nima gets along well with Pema and she can take care of Pema. I have been hired by White Tiger Villa to take care of the white tiger, and I have no time to spend with them. I asked Dawa to follow you so that she can have a better life. Please don't refuse my request.

Old Lavani sang a Tibetan folk song "My Home is in Tibet":

 

I am calling every month and every year

I pray day and night

I always sing the song of homesickness in my heart

That is a longing that can never be forgotten

oh

I often dream about the Himalayas

I often miss the Brahmaputra River

Yalaso

Beautiful Qinghai-Tibet Plateau

The majestic Potala Palace

Dawa and Nima in my heart

The moon and sun that never set

Yalaso

That's the hometown I care about

Yalaso

That's where the white horse blooms

1 条评论:

  1. Taking the legendary wise Agu Demba as the protagonist, I started to create the Chinese-English version of "Snow Land Fable" using the traditional fable creation method that combines poetry and prose. Writing fables makes me feel like a child again. Studying snowy culture is my prescription to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

    回复删除